Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1st Newsletter

Dear Parent(s):

It was nice meeting those of you who could make it to our Swanson “Meet and Greet”. I am really looking forward to working with your child and you this year. Because you and I will be partners in your child’s education, I hope that you will feel comfortable contacting me with any information regarding your child. Please call me “Cindy” instead of Mrs. Stemper. Hopefully I can also call you by your first name.

My e-mail address is: stemper@elmbrookschools.org. I check my e-mail regularly, and I will reply promptly. I appreciate it when parents send back a “got it” message, so I know that you received my reply.

As a parent, I love to have strong communication with my children’s teachers. For this reason, I will be emailing you a newsletter every Thursday. I will also be posting the newsletter on our classroom blog. The homework and many updates will be posted there as well. Our blog address is www.ourfifthgradestory.blogspot.com

Please remember to sign your child’s assignment notebook each night. Thanks to those of you who have already answered your “parent homework” assignment. You can email me or send back the answers on any paper. The questions are: What are my child’s strengths? What are my hopes and dreams for my child in their fifth grade year?

Remember that P.I.N. is on Thursday, September 8th in our classroom. The more you’re “in the know” of what we do in fifth grade, the better we can work together to make this year your child’s best year at Swanson School.

When sending money to school, please put your child’s name,5-STE, the amount, and what it’s for written on the envelope.

Finally, we have students who are allergic to various nuts. Please keep this in mind when sending treats to school. Birthday treats are allowed (in fact, encouraged…lol), but please remember to cut the cake ahead of time, send in napkins and forks, etc.!

No comments: