Friday, May 18, 2012
Thursday News
Hello Again!
The weeks are truly flying by! We have been practicing our musical as an entire grade level now. I am so impressed! The kids are working so hard. They know their lines and are really working on their volume, speed, and expression. They also have wonderful manners when others are performing and seem to really be enjoying the experience. For the first time through this play, they are going to set the bar high for the future. I am so proud of them!
Here are the details of our big day, Friday, May 25th. The kids will be changing into their costumes right when they get to school. Most kids have completed their costumes. Thanks to all of you for your support and generous sharing. Our first show will be at 9:30. I suggest you get here a bit early if you’d like a great seat. All kids will be on stage at all times. When not in a scene, the students are a part of the chorus on risers onstage. The show lasts about an hour—we think. Kids will then change out of their costumes and continue with their regular day. The whole process will be repeated starting at 1:30. If you are coming to the 2:00 show, I will have a sign out sheet in my room so that you can take your child after the performance. Those who stay will have their normal 3:00 recess and dismissal for the long Memorial Day weekend.
Here are some more answers to frequently asked questions….
Can I take pictures?
Yes..feel free to take pictures. Students will have a short time after each performance to pose for you as well.
Will the show be taped?
Yes. As a working parent who misses things all the time, I am very sympathetic to this situation. We will have a DVD (just like forensics) available to be checked out to watch at home with your child.
Can Grandma come?
Everyone is welcome. It may be crowded, but we are having students attend the dress rehearsals on the 24th so the shows on the 25th will be just parents in the audience.
Which show should I come to?
They will both be exactly the same so come to the one that fits your schedule best.
Can I take the cast photo?
Mrs. Smith has taken individual cast photos of all of the fifth graders. They will be hanging up in the lobby. At the end of school, your child will get to take home his/her picture, but please do not take them on the day of the performance. We love to have them up for recognition and other events.
In other news…an update on the MAPs assessments. Because of the difficulties that were encountered school-wide with the system, we will not be testing Language Arts. We did complete the reading assessment on Monday and will take the math assessment today. While you will be receiving official notification of scores. I hope to send a personal note to each family discussing the performance of your child on these tests.
Have a great Thursday!
Cindy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness I looked through the whole entire year and I remember Skateland, and the boat experiment, the play doh sculpting, your lady bug room, and even that nature center trip. I litteraly almost cried! I loved 5th grade :)
Oh my goodness. I remember all of this from the skateland trip to the nature center. I can't believe I still remember it. I loved 5th grade! I litteraly almost cried remembering all of this stuff. :)
Post a Comment